Hiya!

*In Fela's voice* I want to tell you a story......seriously I do.

Tuesday 13 March 2012

THE FORBIDDEN FRUIT



Hedonistic in our quest for pleasure
we sat and shared the apple.
It tasted so good
we did it
over and over
and over again.

But in between bites,
came the pin pricks.
One from me,
one from you.

We feign ignorance.
What was that?
I ask.
What was that?
You ask.

Still we persist.
Sharing,
then jabbing.

After each apple
sharing occasion,
I sit alone and reflect.
Why?

Why do we go out
of our way
to hurt each other
after sharing an
experience
that's supposed to bind
us together.

Guilt,fear,shame?
what makes us share
yet seek to remain detached?
I ask thesE questions
but on the morrow,
I'm anxious and waiting.
Waiting.

Will you come?
Will you come?
You do!
You obviously feel
the same about the apples?

What pride keeps us
from saying
we want more 
than apples together?
Pride goeth before a fall;
but before that fall,
I wish the juice
will drip
and stain me
so i'll forever remember 
our apple eating days. 








                                                                                                           Rio


12 comments:

  1. Life... unexpected in its dealings. We fear to express our love... and instead settle for "What is" instead of "What will be".

    It resonates with me. Great write-up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dame, True that. Whereas what we should actually do is to embrace it. Thanks and thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Hmmmmm...........this got me thinking AND turned me on. That's a winner any day jare. Bravo hon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diva, glad you liked it. Don't be a stranger.

      Delete
  3. Guess most of us are to proud to say how we feel, i see my self in this write up and sure do resonates with me too!

    Nice one sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hummmmmmmmmmmmmm, so true and real. Sweet old forbidden apple, sweet at the very momment and forgotten when the tension is all over.

    They should be no pride in letting out your feelings...........Love is a beautiful thing. Guess must of us are got in this write-up.

    well done sis, nice one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like, I like. Great piece!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmmm 9ce piece sis. Lov is a beautiful tin.we shudn,t b scared or 2Proud to express it. Bravo,ds is gud.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeahhhh! RIO am finally able to post to ur blog. Abeg approv am sharp shar. Now dancing *Azonto*. ℓ☺ℓ!

    ReplyDelete

I don't expect all the stories to be to everyone's taste but please keep the criticisms constructive. Thanks